Puget Sound Labor Agency administers emergency funds on behalf of some Puget Sound area unions. If you are a member of one of the following unions (below), you may be able to receive monetary assistance for your living expenses:
- CWA 7800
- IAM 751
- IBEW 46
- Newspaper Guild
- Unite Here Local 8
- Laborers, Local 242
- ATU, Local 587
Please call our offices at (206) 448-9277 to speak with someone regarding eligibility requirements and application procedures.
If you are not a member of one of these unions, there may be other services available to assist you:
1. Check with your union and/or employer to see if there is an emergency assistance fund available to help you.
2. Union members should also look into the wide assortment of programs available through Union Plus.
3. Dial 2-1-1 for the Washington Public Information Network, a resource center dedicated to connecting Washington residents with services and programs to help them through difficult times.
4. PeoplePoint can help you apply for City of Seattle, state, and federal benefits all at once.
5. The City of Seattle has an Utility Discount Program for those who qualify. Call (206) 684-0268 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
6. Pfizer MAINTAIN is a patient assistance program that can help eligible people in financial need continue to get their Pfizer medicines if they are unemployed and do not have prescription coverage. You can access the application form by calling (866) 706-2400 or visiting PfizerHelpfulAnswers.com.
7. The Central Area Motivation Program (CAMP) offers a number of services, including housing and energy assistance.
Page Last Updated: Apr 30, 2013 (15:26:50)